SÅLDA: Clear Audio Magix

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

2 är sålda, 16 stycken kvar!

Här är ett test av Magix och Feet of Silence: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/454132...feet-of-silence

I have made experiments before, today I did one again and got closer to understanding what these isolation feet do to the sound.

Today I made the experiment with my laptop. I had Feet of Silence (FoS) under the laptop and it sounded tight, clear and 3 dimensional. I switched to Magix and it sounded flat and 2 dimensional but warmer and smoother with a little bit more resolution. I could not decide which of these feet were the best, overall they sounded equal but the difference in flavor was HUGE, Magix sounded warm and FoS sounded cold. Which of these feet to use depends on what the system needs.

Next it was time to try combinations of these feet, I placed a wooden board in between them. Putting FoS under Magix gave more of the FoS sound signature, it sounded blacker and clearer (Doing it reversed (Magix under FoS) sounded much worse.)

Then I switched the FoS into another set of Magix. It gave the smoothest sound out of all, but it was too veiled.

Up to this stage, FoS under Magix was the best setup, however, it didn't have the dead black background and boosted clarity that FoS by itself had.

Now it was time for mass damping, I stacked a set of 4 Magix, a projector, and a box of harddrives on top of my laptop. The improvement was crazy, this combo gave the dead black background and clarity of FoS while giving the increased resoluton and smoothness of Magix. It not only gave the best of both worlds, it gave much more...the improvement in micro detail was huge, the background was very calm and quiet and you could hear deeper into the music.

Then I removed the FoS under Magix while keeping the mass damping on top of the laptop. This setup was clearly the 2nd best of all. I continued by removing weight on top of the laptop and I could hear the difference in sound, it became smoother and more veiled the more weight I removed. I found the optimal weight on top to be 4 pieces of Magix, the improvements start becoming very small after adding more weight than that.

To end this test I switched back to FoS which I had in the beginning. I hear that FoS adds fake clarity to the sound which emphasizes the transients. FoS doesn't have true resolution like Magix does. It sounds sharp and fast but still very smooth. The attack and decay in the highs are missing which gives the illusion of clarity and more space in the recording, which in turn gives a fake black background. The lows are boomy which smoothens out the bass to give fake body. The dynamics and 3 dimensionality appear amazing but there's a little bit of resolution lacking compared to Magix.

FoS under Magix

l_d39cf0b315a54bc191c9d9995e754440.jpg