Musiktråden

Mattias

solomon.jpg

Pentangle - Solomon's Seal

Reprise 1972

Jansch, Renbourn, Thompson, Cox och McShee gör en klockren platta med utsökt folkmusik. Det är rakt på men nästan utan Pentangles signum, inslag av improvisation. Det är både bra och dåligt - men jag uppskattar plattan för folkmusikens skull. Här får den en precis behandling av musiker i världsklass.

Musik: 5x :D

Ljud: 5x :app:

Det ser ut som utpräglade studio sessions... :) Jazzinfluerad pianohantering... :?:

Det er det, en hyllest til det tidligere Rainbow studio i Oslo, og det nye, med forskjell i selve studioet, og mellom de nye instrumentene (skiva er en 3 cd), ikke minst er det for min del mitt forhold til Ketil Bjørnstads klanger og melodier som gjør hans musikk spennende og involverende, den ligger vel i grenselandet jazz/klassisk.

1 cd) Final Rainbow sessions

2 cd) First new Rainbow session

3 cd) The New Steinway Rainbow session

Anbefales sterkt som ren njutning dette. ikke minst kan man fordype seg i de forskjellene man evnt måtte oppdage mellom de tre skivene.

mvh

Det er det, en hyllest til det tidligere Rainbow studio i Oslo, og det nye, med forskjell i selve studioet, og mellom de nye instrumentene (skiva er en 3 cd), ikke minst er det for min del mitt forhold til Ketil Bjørnstads klanger og melodier som gjør hans musikk spennende og involverende, den ligger vel i grenselandet jazz/klassisk.

Anbefales sterkt som ren njutning dette. ikke minst kan man fordype seg i de forskjellene man evnt måtte oppdage mellom de tre skivene.

mvh

Tackar. Som novis på skandinavisk musik är det spännande att ta del av intryck... :mm:

mvh

instämmer helt ,

detta är ett måste att lyssna på!!

tommy

ps jag tror att man kan köpa bara en skiva om man vill, men vem vill det ds

jennyyates.jpg

Jenny Yates - Out of the Blue

jennyyates.com 2003

En låtskrivare med countryrock på repertoaren och som skrivit låtar åt Garth Brooks (många ettor på US countrylista), Andrew Gold mfl. Det är bra country om än åt det lite smöriga hållet - i meningen att vara lättlyssnat. Inget fel i det.

Musik: 4x :D

Ljud: 5x :app:

31uARRbc7ML._SS400_.jpg

Elaine Elaise sjunger och spelar piano tillsammans med sin sämre hälft (Marc Johnson, bas) och Joey Baron, mycket jazz , lite brazilianskt, lite "laid back" bättre än Diana Krall!!?? hon kör Bill Evans låtar bla ingår Blue in Green

tommy

bothy1.jpg

The Bothy Band - The Bothy Band

Polydor 1975 (2383379)

Fusion mellan rock, jazz och folk med tonvikt på folk. Bothy Band har kopplingar till Planxty som är ett av mina favoritband från folkscenen. Läs mer här. Musiken är komponerad med enbart "ljusare" instrument - flöjt, fiol, uillean pipa, bouzouki, bodhran, gitarr mm.

Musik: 4x :D

Ljud: 4x :app:

My Life in the Bush of Ghosts

Brian Eno & David Byrne

Banbrytande 1981 ~ Enastående 2009

ett självklarhet i varje välsorterad skivsammling!

helst bör man ha både orginalutgåvan och

återutgivningen från 25årsjubileet 2006

Jag har lyssnat ganska mycket på David Byrne och en hel del på Brian Eno också, men denna hade jag helt missat.

Vilken super-platta! :mm:

Återigen...

Fick tag på den på vinyl;

Brian Eno & David Byrne - My life in the bush of ghosts. Polydor 2302 100

DSC_2211.JPG

Eno had collaborated with Byrne's group Talking Heads on Fear of Music in 1979, and My Life was recorded mostly in a break between touring for that album, and the recording of Talking Heads' Remain in Light from 1980.

Drawing on funk and world music (particularly the multi-layered percussion of African music), My Life is similar to Talking Heads' music of the same era. The "found objects" credited to Eno and Byrne were common objects used mostly as percussion. In the notes for the 2006 expanded edition of the album, Byrne writes that they would often use a normal drum kit, but with a cardboard box replacing the bass drum, or a frying pan replacing the snare drum; this would blend the familiar drum sound with unusual percussive noises.

However, rather than featuring conventional pop or rock singing, most of the vocals are sampled from other sources, such as commercial recordings of Arabic singers, radio disk jockeys, and an exorcist. Musicians had previously used similarly sampling techniques, but critic Dave Simpson[4] declares it had never before been used "to such cataclysmic effect" as on My Life.

The album was recorded entirely with analogue technology, before the advent of digital sequencing and MIDI. The sampled voices were synchronized with the instrumental tracks via trial and error, a practice that was often frustrating, but which also produced several happy accidents.

Also according to Byrne's 2006 notes, neither he nor Eno had read Tutuola's novel before the album was recorded. Both were familiar with Tutuola's earlier The Palm-Wine Drinkard (1952), but his My Life in the Bush of Ghosts was not easily obtained in the U.S. when the material was recorded. Even without reading the book, Eno and Byrne thought the title reflected their interest in African music, and also had an evocative, vaguely sinister quality that also referenced the voices sampled for the album: the vocalists were recorded sometimes several decades before being re-appropriated by Eno and Byrne, and the voices often seemed to take on unanticipated qualities when placed in the new context.

Jag lyssnar just nu på en dubbel CD som heter "Miles from India". En lite märklig men bra skiva med musik skriven av Miles Davis. I arrangemanget ingår fiol på "indiska" ; Kala Ramnath och citar; Ravi Chary och dessutom några andra indiska instrument. Men det är också andra musiker mera kända som t.ex Jimmy Cobb, Chick Corea, John McLaughlin och Mike Stern. Ja det är flera andra musiker än så och jag tycker att skivan känns som ett måste för så bra är den. Skivan är inspelad i USA.

lite kvällslyssning till minnet av en fallen hjälte!

John Martyn - Bless the Weather (1971, Rem 2005)

412D3HVBV8L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

icon12.gificon12.gificon12.gificon12.gificon12.gif

Released in November 1971 "Bless The Weather" was an album of pure, simple but mature songs which John says was 'very innocent, very beautiful and a pleasure to make'. Some of the songs were written in the studio on the day they were recorded, satisfying John's desire to be spontaneous. Danny Thompson provided bass accompaniment and Richard Thompson, Tony Reeves (Colosseum), Ian Whiteman and Roger Powell (Mighty Baby) all played on the album. "Glistening Glyndebourne" showcased John's technique of playing acoustic guitar through the echoplex to stunning effect, although Rolling Stone magazine dismissed the track as "rambling !"

/ptr

johnmartyn.com

JohnnyA2.jpg

Grym musik, grym ljudkvalité.

Get inside, put your seatbelt on, and enjoy the ride. You'll cruise by quaint country scenes, race a train skirting rolling hills and rustic mountains. You'll make it all the way to Nashville via gritty city streets past all the coolest jazz and rock clubs. That's where you'll go when you put "Get Inside", a slick offering from Johnny A, in your CD player.

As it states on his biography page at JohnnyA.com "This is music for an open mind aching for the open road."

What was that, did Mark Knopfler cameo on this CD? No, but there is an unmistakable, however subtle, Knopflerish quality to Johnny A's playing on some tracks. Still, Johnny A's playing is completely his own, incredibly versatile, refreshing and new, with plenty of smooth grooves and tricks to keep your ears busy. Johnny A. is one of the most talented guitarists I've ever heard.

Get Inside is a well produced collection of instrumental guitar tracks that conjure a variety of mental images. One thing that cannot be ignored about his playing is the incredibly clean picking and colorful phrasing. As a guitarist, there are moments in this CD that make me say, "How the heck did he do that?"

Excuse me while I go lock myself away with my guitar for another twenty years. Good, inspiring guitar playing for the inspirable guitar lover. Add it to your collection now!