HANA i Japan släppte idag nyheten om sin nästa kommande pickup. Den kommer att heta Umami RED eller HANA UR och kommer att kosta ca 40 000kr när den kommer i sent september. Detta är en helt nyutvecklad modell från HANA och med helt unika detaljer: 

The HANA-Umami Red high-end moving coil cartridge combines brilliant materials and classic Japanese techniques with modern audio engineering. Ebony wood, rare-earth magnets, precision-cut diamond, high-purity copper wires, Urushi lacquering, and CNC machined Duralumin synergize under the vision of Hana designer Okada-san.

Hana_head2 web.jpeg

AuricleTM Cartridge body

The HANA-Umami Red exclusive AuricleTM body design, mimics the shape of the human outer ear to rigidly support the “Open Air” Moving Coil generator. The unique body shape is machined from A7075 aluminum, one of the strongest and lightest alloys used in aerospace engineering. The Duralumin body features an Ebony Wood inlay on its front facia to provide specific damping properties and tapped mounting holes assure secure attachment to the tonearm.

umami_1web.jpeg

Urushi Lacquer

The HANA-Umami Red body’s multi-layered Urushi lacquer finish originates from the famous Japanese Makie-artistic tradition, adding to the rich sound and optics. This classic and complex procedure consists of a black Urushi painted undercoat, elaborate red-coloration process incorporating fine silver powder, “hana” name printing with pure gold powder, and final lacquer coating with multiple polishing steps.

Boron cantilever

Boron, with a hardness comparable to diamond, was selected for the HANA- Umami Red to rigidly hold the Microline stylus. This solid Boron cantilever allows the smallest audible details and micro-dynamics to be transmitted without loss to the moving coil generator, capturing the artists’ intent.

umami WEB.jpeg

Moving coil generator

The rare earth samarium/cobalt magnet material selected for the HANA- Umami Red generator offers the best electro-magnetic energy, a requirement for this very musical design. Pure copper wires are expertly hand-wound onto the classic square plate Permalloy armature.

Cryogenic processing

This ‘cold annealing’ process at near absolute zero temperature is used to treat many of the components in the HANA-Umami Red generator as well as the gold-plated signal output pins. The cryogenic process alters the molecular structure of the materials, producing a transformative quality similar to molecular gastronomy.

• 1 month later...

För er som inte orkar läsa hela testen i länken ovan så tar vi slutledningen här i sin helhet: 

"The Umami Red is one smooth customer, but don’t let that fool you. It delivers when it needs to resolve low-level detail, and dynamics. It performs with power and grace.

This cartridge connects you emotionally to the music. It can negotiate virtually anything you throw at it and never get flustered. Its balanced sound always seems to reveal a new interpretation of music that you are familiar with. You will find yourself just wanting to pull out albums and have a listen.

This cartridge isn’t going to immediately grab you, but if given a bit of time, it could very well win you over. Its beauty is in its subtleties and its balanced tone. Maybe there is something to the fact that HANA meaning “Brilliant and Gorgeous”.

So, my takeaway about this cartridge is this, nothing stands out … yet everything stands out.

If you are looking for a cartridge in this price range that you can have a long-lasting relationship with, one that will drive you to be more involved with your vinyl collection and less involved with your equipment, then the Umami Red simply has to be on your shortlist.

What about those two questions posed at the beginning of this review?

Does the HANA Umami Red belong in the Big Leagues?

Have they raised their game high enough to play in the Big Leagues?

I would answer by saying, “Welcome to the big leagues, HANA. You’ve earned it!”

För er som otåligt väntar på denna nya godbit så måste jag tyvärr meddela att det kommer att dröja ytterligare minst 6 veckor innan vi kan ha de första i Sverige. Detta då HANA fått mycket fler order än de räknat med och redan ligger efter rejält i produktionen. Jättekul att det är ett sådant stort intresse! Men trist för oss som otåligt väntar på att få höra den... 

Den som väntar på något gott väntar ALLTID för länge! :1454358488_beamingfacewithsmilingeyes: