Vad lyssnar du på just nu?

vita

1575382703.jpg

A striking album of new music from pianist/composer Carla Bley, whose trio with Andy Sheppard and Steve Swallow is now in its 25th year. Individual associations among the players go back much further: bassist Swallow first recorded music by Carla in 1961. So when Bley says “Life Goes On”, a lot of life is alluded to.  The album, realized in the Auditorio Stelio Molo Studio in Lugano in May 2019, with Manfred Eicher producing, takes the form of three suites. The title piece begins as a stoical blues, at first melancholic then hopeful. “Beautiful Telephones”, inspired by a US president’s first observation on entering the Oval Office, has plenty of Bley’s dark wit. And “Copycat” explores the notion of call-and-response in fresh ways as the improvisers continue each other’s thoughts. Throughout, Carla’s distinctive piano, with its hints of Monk and Satie, is beautifully framed by Swallow’s eloquent, elegant bass guitar and Sheppard’s yearning saxes. This trio has a unique collective sound, reflecting – as The Telegraph recently noted – “musical mastery of a rare order”.   

mvh

On 2018-05-03 at 19:05, AlfaGTV said:

Njuter lite skön electro i form av:

rptQCeC.png

Nu från Tidal i MQA-format, avkodat av Roon 1.5 via sMS-200 och in i Moon 430HAD vidare balanserat till Hifiman HE-400i 

Riktigt skönt! 

Har den på CD. Men misstänker att den låter bättre på Tidal.

15 hours ago, new order said:

En klassiker! Det finns en massa bra på Tidal med, You know! Har hittat lite nytt som påminner om Steely litegrann. Faktiskt.

Tja Tidal (och andra streaming siter) er lite out of reach, kan man siga, det lyssnas enbart på hardware her hemma, cd (för tiden) och vinyl!  ;)

mvh

Edited by musicus

Spännande musik!

jmyj9xa.png

Är det funk, eller är det jazz, eller är det EDM? Nä, det är Jaga Jazzist! :) 

Hoppade på (av Roon Radio) efter "Mind over MIDI", vars LP "Gimsøy, Lofoten" jag nyss beställde (50ex! Nu snackar vi limited edt)

Edited by AlfaGTV